Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Whatever Happened to All This Season's Losers of the Year?

Who'd have thought anyone would rally behind The Crystals? That's awesome.

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this weekend. Not Thanksgiving Day as much, because just generally, in life, I hate having a really set schedule. I know it's a part of life and you have to be certain places at certain times, but there aren't a lot of planned social activities that I end up enjoying all that much. Maybe it's because I have no option of escape, I dunno. I just prefer to have some breathing room in my life.

But other than that one day, I have a lot to do whenever I damn well please. Mostly movies...ideally, I'll knock out all six this weekend, and that's just theatrically. But I also have to write either a revision of a short story or a new short story for next Tuesday, and...well, I'm sure there's other stuff but who knows. Oh, yeah, I have to write a service piece for Magazine Writing. A service piece is like those "How to Build a Tool Shed for $89!" or "Hottest Night Clubs That Won't Refuse You at the Door!" Y'know, something that sort of helps people or gives them guidance. I don't really have any good ideas (at the pitch session, I suggested "How to Put a Home Theater Together On The Cheap," but I stole that from Cinematical).

I want to listen to the new Bruce Springsteen album but I really gotta conserve my cash...damn it all. I'll buckle eventually, I'm sure.

It snowed for the first time today, but it was that crappy snow that just hits the ground and melts.

Yesterday the city turned our water off from 9 AM to 2 PM, which gave me a very good excuse to stay home and do nothing, especially since once the water did come back on, the faucets sprayed nothing but brown hate for another half an hour. And who the hell would shower in that anyway? It did make the morning trip to the bathroom a little rough, and luckily I had old water bottles sitting around or I'd never have brushed my teeth.

I'm so tired today. I've been in the habit of getting around five hours of sleep before my Tuesday-Thursday schedule, because getting to bed by midnight is impossible and getting 6 to 7 hours of sleep usually catches me at a bad point in my REM and I wake up filled with unhappiness, but man, this was one of those mornings when that just did not fly. Maybe it's because I stayed up 'til 5 AM the night before for no reason whatsoever and woke up at 11:30 for even more baffling reasons, but it's all I can do to get from place to place today, much less retain basic critical thinking skills in class.

Three days 'til Christmas music.

Oh, damn, Black Friday's on Friday! I've always wanted to stay up and hit Best Buy's early morning sale...temptation so strong...

All right, that's enough, I'm cutting myself off here. Problem is when I'm this tired there's nothing else to do but try to busy myself to stay awake, and these blog posts are the easiest way. But this has gone on long enough.

1 Comments:

At 11/22/2007 3:22 PM, Blogger Cynda said...

Dude they started playing Christmas music Tuesday night on the radio here in p-town. I made all the girls at work listen to it last night while we were doing our floorset!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home