Sunday, April 09, 2006

Swingtown

Came back from breakfast this morning and found this on the AIM (screen names have been changed in the interest of common sense, as this is a public blog)...

Vanessa: because they didn't play it last night
Vanessa: COME SAIL AWAY
Vanessa: COME SAIL AWAY
Vanessa: COME SAIL AWAY WITH MEEEE

So yeah...that should tell you how that little mission went. Also, the actual shade of blue from AIM doesn't exist on blogspot. Weird.

Hey, remember that time at Senior Year Winter Formal whent the sound system broke and we all just sang "Come Sail Away"? Good times.

Before the dance, Vanessa and I hit up this little (well, it was a lot bigger than it looked on the outside, I'll tell ya that) Italian restaurant in the North End (which I know means nothing to the vast majority of you, who are reading this from a non-Boston locale), which I gotta say was quite tasty. I almost got lost looking for it, but as usual, pulled through in the end.

The dance itself was pretty fun once we all got into the groove of it. Even if they did play almost all hip-hop. Oh Beacon, I expected more from you. But by the end of it when they were blasting REM's "It's the End of the World As We Know It" (this year's theme song, it being the last Beacon Street Prom as the buildings are being ruthlessly sold next year) at midnight, the Beacon Street pride came through and we all went nuts. Represent.

Today's big mission is the nail down what classes I wanna take for next year. Mostly gen eds, 'cause by the time I reach Senior year I wanna do what I wanna do. You feel me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home