Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Oh boy

Add this to the list of things I can't imagine a single person ever wanting to see.

I don't really have a problem with bad movies as such. I recognize that, much though I may hate their presence in the multiplex, most of these make their money back and subsequently allow the studios to put money into really good movies (or at least better movies). But I really do question who the audience is for Ace Ventura Jr. If it came out like eight or ten years ago, it'd be all the kids who discovered Ace Ventura on video. But now? The target is clearly gonna be 10-15 year olds, but I doubt any of them saw the original Ace Venturas. I mean, a kid who's 15 today was born in 1990 or 1991. None of them went out of their way to watch Ace Ventura. Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd made its money back, but NOBODY saw Son of the Mask.

It's like when Basic Instinct 2 came out earlier this year, and I could not figure out who wanted to see it. The answer ended up being just about nobody, but one day I'd love the see a major release come out that no one ends up seeing. Like literally. No one. It'd be historic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home