Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Figuring Out Classes is a Pain...

But I think I've gotten a pretty good schedule down, which I'll only know for sure tomorrow a little after 10 when I register, and two of these have very few seats left, and I think there's a solid 4 or 5 hours left of registration today. I really wish they just opened it up all at once so all that counted was how hard you were willing to work to sign up.

But I should be able to get into my Top 2 picks, Intro to Christianity (I know, the one religious class at Emerson) and Media Criticism with Hannah Johnston, who I had for one of the History of Media Arts classes and made it the only class college class yet that I've actually looked forward to going to. American Women Writers will likely be barred from me, as there are only 3 spots left (I'm only taking it because it covers TWO gen-eds, but so does my second pick for that slot, U.S. Multicultural Lit, which actually meets at a better time, so that wouldn't be too bad). Where things could get ugly is if I don't get into this Organized Behavior class, which only has 4 seats left and would most likely force me into a schedule in which I have three classes on Thursday, which would blow chunks. I know, it's rough when you don't go to a real school.

Saw The Fountain again last night. I'll spare you, but...yeah, c'mon, just see it.

No, Ben, didn't finish Cider House Rules. I'm 310 pages in now though, and I was only like 140, 150 in before last weekend. So that's something. But I now have The Way to Win: Taking the White House in 2008 and The Prestige waiting in the wings, and I really just wanna get through Live From New York (which is still good, but I think they're holding back a lot of the backstage drama now that they're into the cast that was current at the time of the book's publication)...and I really wanna read Killing Yourself to Live (thanks, Katie).

I have a science paper to write for Thursday? Whoops. Good news is the assignment is imagining the effects on a category 4 hurricane hitting Boston (and bonus points for whoever comes up with the coolest name for the hurricane). Bad news is...totally forgot about it. Tomorrow night'll be fun.

I discovered a pretty cool little show (pun TOTALLY intended) over the weekend on TLC called Little People, Big World. There were a ton of commercials for it before the movies last summer, and it looked decent but never gave it much thought, but you know what, I actually really liked it. Anyway, you get a chance, give it a look-see. Also, they live in Oregon, which I discovered once that carpet at the airport looked WAY too familiar.

That was probably the most boring post ever. If it were possible for you to see me, I'd dance for you right now just to improve it.

2 Comments:

At 11/28/2006 10:33 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

you know what's really a pain? trying to find classes in an international school that will work for you major. I spent a good number of hours looking for classes and nothing constructive came out of it.

The Fountain was great, but it's so hard finding people at Penn who like it.

 
At 11/29/2006 1:19 AM, Blogger b said...

i liked this post but that dancing line just was hilarious

 

Post a Comment

<< Home