Sunday, November 26, 2006

Man Oh Man

I am beyond exhausted right now. Not ready to sleep in the slightest, but my back is in a tremendous amount of pain right now after straining it this morning yanking at my backpack (which was conveniently hooked onto something at the time, making the pull rather difficult). But it was an awesome weekend and totally worth the excessively-long train ride (8.5 hours!). And I saw DC! I was beyond pumped, you have no idea. Saw the Capitol Building and the Washington Monument and the Reflecting Pool and the Lincoln Memorial and the White House. Patriotism is considered a little uncool right now, but screw that...I'd never really had an excuse to go to DC and I love all that stuff. Also, I don't know if I would've really appreciated it until the last couple of years, so in some ways it was a good way to go.

But yeah. All in all, awesome trip and I wasn't really ready for it to end. Until I was about four hours into the train ride. Then it couldn't end soon enough.

1 Comments:

At 11/27/2006 7:42 PM, Blogger b said...

didja finish Cider House Rules?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home