Sunday, September 09, 2007

Settling In

So I'll be posting pictures soon I hope (right now my room's in quite a state, but it's coming together), but so far the apartment life rocks. Granted, I haven't started school and don't yet have a job (getting close on that second point), but there are a number of very cool things:

THINGS I'M DIGGING RIGHT NOW

-Not being in the dorms. Included in this are having my own room (picking my own sleeping hours) and no more community toilet.

-Deciding what I eat (mostly frozen pizza and grilled tuna sandwiches)

-Full on digital cable (Legends of the Hidden Temple!)

-30 Rock Season 1. Watched it while it was on the air, bought it and watched it all again in four days. I love this show.

-All my DVDs in a GIGANTIC bookshelf right next to my desk - no more 200-slot CD cases!

-My bed. 100% Modal sheets and many, MANY new pillows.

-My tax refund coming in. Being (relatively) wealthy for the time being.

-The toaster oven we have in the apartment. Toasted sandwiches = amazing. Time to make one now in fact.

-Fall. New TV shows. Season premieres. And most of all...the fall movie season. Everything between the beginning of September and the end of January is pure media bliss. With the addition of Thanksgiving and Christmas, this season is literal perfection. Granted, I made the season out to be almost half the year, but really most of January is catch-up because the damn studios don't release their movies everywhere at once.

THINGS I'M NOT SO INTO

-UPS not telling me if I'll ever get my storage, the prized possessions being my TV and DVD player (winter coat and small fridge aside, I can't even remember what else I put in there). Easily replaceable, but annoying in their absence. I'm storming their damn store tomorrow.

-UPS not being able to figure out how to deliver my desk chair. The folding chair I'm in has shitty back support.

-Laundry. $4 a load and I still don't know where all my good boxers went.

-My dresser is startlingly unstable. Maybe it'll be better once I put the TV on top of it...if it ever comes.

But yeah, on the whole, totally digging things out here. Hope all's well wherever ye may be.

1 Comments:

At 9/10/2007 1:45 PM, Blogger magda. said...

toaster ovens are great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home