Friday, December 14, 2007

Snow Day!

I am soooo checked out right now. I have a presentation on Monday, a take home final due on Monday, and an article due on Tuesday, but as far as I'm concerned, I am wrapped. Semester done. Have some odds and ends to tie up, but I am too checked out to even consider it. I knew God was smiling down on me when the snow started dumping and Emerson closed up shop at 2 PM today, effectively canceling my in-class final on Monday and moving that presentation to that day (it was supposed to happen today, and to say I was underprepared would be putting it gently). So I immediately went home, walked through the very pleasant snow (no wind, even drift, soft on the ground), hit the couch and pretty much never tore my eyes off the TV. Ended up watching Blowup, 1408, and Punch-Drunk Love (two I hadn't seen before, one of which gets me closer to my goal...but I'm trying to move away from movie stuff here), along with several episodes of The Simpsons.

When I started at Emerson, I was told they never cancel classes for snow. This is two years in a row now they've done just that...and it's not even the thick of winter.

But even without the class cancellation, the snow was awesome. This was one of those days I wish we all still lived in downtown so we could hit (the fews parts that aren't fenced off on) the Boston Common and just walk around. Somerville's a little boring that way.

Portland in a week. I was mad jealous that you guys were hitting Peacock Lane without me, but I can all but guarantee I will not have time to do that between when I get home and Christmas. This will easily be the busiest Christmas break of my life, especially before New Year's, so I'm calling on you (yes, you) to keep me in check. But for reference, I get in on the 20th but probably won't be free 'til the 22nd. But the 22nd is wide open and the 23rd after dinnertime is free, so we best be causing ruckus. Or whatever the kids do.

I'm sleepy. Good night.

2 Comments:

At 12/14/2007 3:52 AM, Blogger magda. said...

we definitely drove all the way out to peacock lane and then there were no lights. so lame, apparently they don't start for another couple of days.

yeah, so i'm going down to california with the family for the week of christmas, but i'm hoping we won't be leaving until the 23rd because i could really go for some ruckus.

 
At 12/16/2007 8:49 PM, Blogger Cynda said...

dude I have the 22nd off!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home