Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Ben Affleck's directing a movie in Boston

Say what you will about Affleck...he might not be the best actor around, but he's one cool cat. You watch him on Letterman or Leno or SNL or listen to him in the Kevin Smith commentaries and not only does he sound like the coolest movie star on the planet, but he's the first one to make fun of himself. So apparently he's getting in the directing game now and is making a flick here in Boston, which I can only pray will either start filming or will continue to be filming in the fall (apparently we all missed Martin Scorsese shooting THE DEPARTED by like two weeks last September).

iPods can be a giant pain in the ass. I sold my old mini to Vanessa, and on top of the iPod software crippling her iTunes by forcing an update to a version that apparently just doesn't work with Windows, now the iPod doesn't work as well. Hurray. Thankfully my warranty should still be in effect.

WB'll be releasing Special Editions of A CLOCKWORK ORANGE, 2001, THE SHINING, and the uncut version of EYES WIDE SHUT. God I love DVD.

Speaking of which, A CLOCKWORK ORANGE will be at the Brattle on Saturday. The Brattle, thankfully, got an extension on its lease and will continue to operate at least through 2006 (they're having a Bugs Bunny film festival at the end of the month...name one way this isn't the greatest theater ever). Anyway, the first time I saw CLOCKWORK was on 35mm (Clinton St!), and I don't know...for a movie like that, seeing it in the theater really makes all the difference. Plus I love the crowd reactions.

The second volume of ELIZABETHTOWN music is amazing. If ya'll enjoyed the first disc, I highly recommend it. The E-Town playlist now totals 55 songs for nearly three hours of music. That's just cool.

Also grabbed the ELIZABETHTOWN DVD, which I have yet to get a chance to watch, but y'know...it just sitting there is making getting to the schoolwork that much more difficult. Best Buy also threw in a bonus disc with it, so props to them because there's almost no special features on the regular disc.

Well, time to study for History of Media Arts (we're in the midst of studying the beginning of rock n' roll...college classes kick ass).

2 Comments:

At 2/08/2006 8:16 PM, Blogger Cynda said...

yeah i had the same exact problem with the ipod ian gave me, however the warranty no longer covered it so I shelled out 250 for a new video one.

Ipod's really are a curse and now I am addicted so I couldn't just walk out of the store with a broken ipod.

 
At 2/08/2006 9:33 PM, Blogger Scott Nye said...

ALTHOUGH...iPod videos are damn cool. No it's weird, I just connected the thing one day and all of a sudden Mac OS has no idea what it is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home