Friday, March 10, 2006

Ready

I'm not gonna lie, I am completely ready to go back to Boston. Don't get me wrong, Portland's treating me well, it always does. Last weekend was a blast, and I'm looking forward to Saturday more than anything in the world, but this week was incredibly boring, most of my high points being late-night phone calls with the Boston crowd (which could only go so late...they are, after all, three hours ahead), and of course pizza with Cynda.

And most of it is probably just not really having that many people around, and the rest being a massive amount of business that has to wait 'til I get back, but I'm ready. It's getting to be more and more that I can't believe I'll be away from the Emerson folk for four months in really just a few weeks. I'd stay later if not for Coffee House and the Playfest, which I can't wait for in May, and I'd go back earlier if it were possible/if I didn't need money so badly over the summer. Which reminds me, I do need to find a job...

But I think much moreso than Christmas break, being home hasn't totally felt like being home. It's cliche, but the bed's here and the family's here and some of the old crowd is here (though they're busy as hell with the show), and thank God the car's here, but it's the people, man. THE PEOPLE!

Argh...I tell ya. Saturday can't come soon enough. It never totally feels like home without some people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home