Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Never Underestimate the Boondock

Nor its hold on Portland.



That picture is not nearly as impressive as I'd hoped, but we're on the end of a curve that had jutted out from the theater, and way down there in the distance is the entrance. This as of approximately 7:30 PM, and the line only got longer. Two theaters sold out for a movie that never saw theatrical release until now (albeit in crappy DVD projection). It was one of those nights of true theatrical unity...only the fans, the proud turned out, and a different sort of energy could be felt in the air.

Yesterday I accidentally missed work as well, and today ended up doing a job wrong, but it's all okay in the end because they love me there. I think they're okay, but I'll continue to use them until I tire of our affair.

I'll be laying back and taking it easy for today, continuing to pray that my laundry was only really wet and my dryer is not in fact broken, as I currently have no underwear. The rest of the week will be yet another sleepless blitz, a feat that would have been helped had I known that I was scheduled to have Thursday off. Oh well. If life was meant to be easy, I probably wouldn't be working in the first place. And we'd have moving walkways throughout the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home