Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Actual Post!

Been awhile since I actually bothered to have anything to say, but ah...yeah.

Good start.

I was at the dentist this morning, which is probably my least favorite place to be of any place. But I was walking into the dentist, and I'll try to get a picture of this when I get a digital camera (I got one for my birthday, but it's not completely to my satisfaction, so I'll try to rectify that soon), but along this bank of establishments there's my dentist, Alameda Dental, and just to the left of it...Family Dentistry. Checked the names on the doors, no overlap. So I sense some sort of building Dentist War that'll take place at some point.

But I was thinking about this on my way to the dentist, and I think it's something I think about every time I go to the dentist, and that's what is it exactly that drives someone to dentistry? Like of all the medical professions, why the teeth? You're not really saving lives there, just telling people to floss more. Everyone hates the dentist. I really don't understand. Oh well.

The Roxy should definitely be the new hangout. Especially since they were out of large t-shirts last night, and I'll have to be back shortly. And they serve RC. And are open 24 hours. And have wireless internet. But going there last night just reminded me of why I love Portland so much. Especially in the summertime...we really have the best scenario with college, where we only come back to Portland at Christmas and over summer, when the city really is at its finest.

Is Kevin Smith recording a commentary you can listen to on your iPod while watching Clerks II in theaters? God, I hope so.

2 Comments:

At 5/17/2006 7:33 PM, Blogger imac said...

Dentists are doctors that aren't quite good enough to be real doctors, so they try to make teeth look important so no one will notice their lack of doctoral talent. That and they get money...lots of money.

 
At 5/27/2006 4:08 AM, Blogger Ken Colwell said...

see: seinfeld, the anti-dentite episode

 

Post a Comment

<< Home