Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Job

Yeah, so The Man finally got to me, and I now have employment for the summer. I wonder if they'll be surprised to know it's only for the summer. Oh well. I start on Thursday, which means my summer break lasted only slightly more than a week, counting the day I had back in Boston, so that's ah....that's good. I'll probably just quit early and take the last three weeks of summer to do nothing.

Anyway, I will be working in Nordstrom stock at the Washington Square location. No idea how much time I'll actually spend in the store though, so don't try to come by and say hi just yet. But what are my hours? SIX AM UNTIL 2:30 PM, Tuesday-Saturday. Yeah baby. Eight hours a day plus a half-hour for lunch. And on Saturday. Whoo. Don't worry, I'll still be there for all summer shenanigans happening after 2:30, and God knows I don't mind losing a little sleep here and there. I'm not gonna go all John Burke on you guys; it's still my vacation dammit.

I set out earlier today (after 12 hours of sleep...this working thing is gonna take a major adjustment) to do as Lindsey Bluth does and spend a bunch of money just because I will be working in the future. First I grabbed a book Ken recommended over at the fascinating M:I III discussion called Everything Bad is Good for You. I was going to hit the library, until I remembered my card there had at least $35 in late charges, and I still had a book from Junior year. So no more free reading in Portland. Then I whisked away to Best Buy to pick up The New World and Munich on DVD. No Munich, but yes on The New World.

I'm tired. I need to take advantage of what precious little freedom I have left.

EDIT: Hope none of you took my suggestion to watch the Snakes on a Plane clip on Ellen. I'm bored, so I did, and all it was was a behind-the-scenes of snakes crawling around the floor of the set of an airplane. It sucked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home