Sunday, April 30, 2006

It's the Final Countdown

Still not ready to leave, but I guess more than anything I want it to be Thursday so all the hard stuff can be over with...packing, tests, packing, saying goodbye, packing. Then onto, of course, finding a job. Got some promising leads...and by promising I mean they sound kinda horrible, but it's all money in the bank.

And I absolutely cannot wait for Portland weather. The day I get back it's supposed to be 84 degrees, and I get back at around 3. What now. Oh, then for outdoor Coffee House (Housestock? Anyone?), it's gonna be 80. 80. I can't even remember what 80 feels like, and it'll be that nice for Coffee House (then again, aren't we all used to it being like 100 degrees in the Black Box?). Overnight low of 51, which is our daytime highs here in Boston.

Hey, seriously...any music suggestions you have, I have a precious four days left on this iTunes network, and after about two pretty much everyone'll be gone. There's 20 gigs left on the iPod, it doesn't matter if you really truly think I'll like it. I can always ditch it later. I even grabbed 50 RUSH songs, in case I suddenly decide they're genius. And I still have two or three Ben Folds albums I haven't listened to. I'm just saying. Tell me what's good.

Creepy thing about the iPod...apparently, in press conferences and stuff, the Apple guys just refer to it as "iPod," as in "the sales of iPod have been good this quarter." Am I the only one who thinks that sounds like Steve Jobs has built some giant AI thing he calls "iPod" that he speaks to late at night and it tells him everything to do? That's completely what that is. Obey iPod. iPod is good. Yeah, that's creepy.

1 Comments:

At 5/01/2006 1:46 AM, Blogger b said...

Dude, I totally inspired those seniors to do Outdoor Coffeehouse last year. I even showed Toffler and Fullman where the outlets were.

Most of the stuff I'd recommend to you is newer stuff, and I can just give you this summer. Some stuff I wish I had but don't: The Replacements (I just have a couple tapes of theirs, you'd dig 'em), David Bowie, Blondie, Big Star, T. Rex, and Tom Waits. I'd get some Brian Eno too. I think you'd like that stuff, but I have a very sketchy picture of your musical taste and am just making assumptions as to stuff you already have. I'll stop myself there because I never know what will provoke Nancy into calling me names.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home