Thursday, April 27, 2006

You Say It's Your Birthday?

Soooo I'm 20 now. No, it feels no different, save for the innumerable number of people who, upon learning my age, replied only with "you're old!" So yeah...that's for that guys. Love!

Not a bad day though, gotta say. The 19th birthday last year just kicked ass (with the pizza at lunch and RC abound...so much RC), but this was damn good. Love the Facebook wall posts...my roomies, Ashton and Ross, easily won though. First Ross posted "Happy Birthday Scott...LET'S GET CRUNKED!!!" followed shortly by Ashton with "shut up, ross, happy birthday...LET'S GET HIGH!" They put up all year with my lucid lifestyle, which I love the boys for.

Lesse...I DID have a test today in History of Media Arts II: Electric Boogaloo, but Hannah Johnston (the prof) is the coolest lady ever (and she's British!) so it really didn't bother me. The test was easy anyway.

Then my mom called me...she actually called me during the test, but caught me again walking home. Followed by the crew (me, Emerson Ben, new additions Mike and Gray) hitting up Newbury Comics and finding out a $10 copy of Mission: Impossible includes a free ticket to Mission: Impossible III, which is what, a $7 value back in Portland? Steal!

Then dinner. Which was fantastic. Emerson Ben and Vanessa, best of my friends on this side of the country, bought me a steak and a Coke, and really there are few shorter paths to my heart (the shortest path involves RC, we all know that). The rest of the night was a lotta rock music and Halo 2, so I cannot complain.

I think my history with blogging will show I have no problem bragging over gifts. Though they have yet to really roll in (considering the family's just waiting 'til I get home), Emerson Ben got me an XBox controller (thank God...one of mine broke, and I only had two as it was), Julie got me a book of film noir quotes (I love the book already...it's gonna be feeding my away messages for months), and Vanessa and Julie made me cards. Yay.

Most random thing happened today, too...Emerson Ben and I were heading to the subway station to get to our buddy Adam's apartment, and who's walking in at the same time? The guy who works the grill during the breakfast hours. Unbelievable. He can be a little like the Soup Nazi, but the man handles that grill unlike any other on the planet. He may be a god, but we're still working that one out.

Alex Ward has proposed we plan a huge Snakes on a Plane party. The only thing I would add to that is it must be THE GREATEST of all Snakes on a Plane parties. Bigger than Episode III. I'm talking at least filling one theater, if not two.

Thanks to everyone who Facebooked/IMed/called/texted/commented-on-my-previous-post (Maggie, I get back on the night of the 4th; when do you get back?) me today. Totally made my day. Those who didn't, I still love you...we just might have to dock some points.

1 Comments:

At 4/29/2006 4:06 PM, Blogger b said...

"Lucid lifestyle" Excellent phrase.

You're still the man Scott, no matter how old you're getting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home