Wednesday, May 03, 2006

PROOF THERE IS A GOD

So I'm throwing some tape around this massive box of stuff I have to store for the summer. Wander out in the hall to double-check how late the guys from the Packaging Store (who directly handle the storage needs of Emerson students by showing up to the main building)...9-4. Check the watch...4:10. Shit. So I figure I'll take a cab down to the UPS store. I'm on the street, waiting for a cab to drive by, when out of nowhere...

THE SHUTTLE.

The Shuttle is this big old bus that carts Emerson students from one side of campus to the other when they're too lazy to make the fifteen-minute walk (I avoid this thing at all costs...you often end up waiting far longer than the walk would otherwise take, and I like walking). However, since school is officially over and closed (I'm here an extra day because I couldn't get a flight out today), I figured so would The Shuttle. Apparently not so.

So we get to the other side of campus, where a UPS store is conveniently placed across the street. Then I realize I have the problem of getting a 65-pound box off a bus with a very narrow stairway, when out of nowhere...

ADAM.

My buddy Adam doesn't live on campus. In fact, it's about a half-hour, forty minute walk from his apartment to campus. So what the hell is he doing there? He had just dropped off applications a few blocks over and was picking up his T pass from...whoever you get T passes from on campus.

Frickin' miracle I tell ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home