Thursday, September 13, 2007

Well...Damn...

I'm trapped on campus for ten hours every Tuesday and Thursday. That much I just accept...it's just how it is. But on this particular day I scheduled a meeting for a potential project at 8:30 (45 minutes after I finally get the hell out of class), AND class let out nearly an hour early. So now I'm just stuck here, doing nothing when I could be on the train home, eagerly awaiting the nightly trip to the grocery store (I was wise enough to bring a movie along this time, though...so I can finish that...or fill out job applications...probably the latter would be a good idea...I need money). And I'm kinda hungry, but have been spending waayyyyy too much money on food.

I stormed UPS today to find out what was going on with my storage boxes, and the guy was like "oh...I'll just have 'em sent here." And then literally two hours later they called and said the boxes were in the store. And somehow, for two weeks now, getting them to my apartment was out of the question. They're UPS! That's WHAT THEY DO. Argh. So hopefully getting them shipped to the apartment won't be too big a deal, because lugging a TV, fridge, and mystery box would blow, even with a car (yes, one of my roommates has a car).

They finally delivered my chair yesterday. I love it. My room's so cool (pictures soon).

My Radio Studies class is the best thing ever. Sucky hours (Wednesday nights, 6-10!), but it's like fifteen people, all radio geeks (seriously, there are few other environments in which a group of people could ever be this amused by coming up with catchy rhymes to introduce artists with), very little lecture. It's the kinda class that feels right at night though, because it doesn't really feel like a class by that time. Just something we all do on Wednesdays. Maybe that'll change as it goes on, but I hope it won't.

Okay, I'm gonna do stuff...at least watch the rest of this movie so I can keep the Netflix Queue moving along (they come really fast, but it takes forever to get them back to the warehouse, but I'm loving the convenience). Tomorrow, I'm catching Eastern Promises (which is supposed to have, like, the most hardcore fight scene ever) and Across the Universe (finally saw a positive review for it, too, so now I'm kinda looking forward to it again after months and months of negativity). Both are in VERY limited release this weekend (I'm surprised we're even getting them this soon), so you'll actually be able to read my review before the movie comes out...for once.

Which reminds me...posting the Shoot 'Em Up/Rocket Science review right now.

1 Comments:

At 9/14/2007 11:18 AM, Blogger b said...

one of my life goal's is to bring down DHL. if you take down UPS, we could fill the vaccuum with Ben and Scott's Pretty Sweet Bike Delivery Service

 

Post a Comment

<< Home