Thursday, February 07, 2008

There's Evil In the Air and There's Thunder in the Sky

This is one of those strange sort of evenings. I could easily fall asleep right this second, but I find myself consumed with a weird vibe and a bizarre energy and I want to write and write and write but I can't think of a damn thing to write about. No columns for Megazine. No reviews. That's not entirely true - I started on two separated pieces but was unable to form coherent thought or clear argument. Important hurdle in the pundit business.

So I come here, where I can do whatever the Hell I want.

This is a night when I'd be ready to hit the town right now, but the town's shut down. There are no trains and I have no money for the common cab. It's also difficult to rustle a crowd together at 2 AM on a Wednesday evening, Thursday morning. I don't have any commitments for another twelve hours, and I'm reasonably caught up on my school work, but that can't be true for the majority of the Emerson landscape. And, there is the matter of transportation.

In Portland, I expect one of you to answer my call at this time of night and drive to Salem or some other God-forsaken land. Just because we can.

My, I am possessed tonight, aren't I?

My plan, a plan I'm fairly certainly can succeed, is to be done with work by July. After that, let's unleash the camping trips and hikes. Two months completely lacking commitment are hard to come by, and I'd like very much to seize it. Never mind the fact I'll be completely broke by then. Ben said it, GO for broke.

Damn, I've run out. It could be "Bat Out of Hell" distracting me or just your average mental collapse, but I have absolutely no more thought. Okay bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home