Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day

Y'know, I've never really understood how people can really hate this day. Sure, it reminds you that you're single, but...I'm sorry, boo-frickn'-hoo. If you haven't come to terms with that yet, I don't know what to tell ya. I've been single every year of my life on Valentine's Day. No big deal. Just another day. People wanna celebrate it by doing something extra for their guy or gal, I got no beef with that.

Is it a pointless day? Yes. Invented by Hallmark to sell cards and all that? Totally. But SO WHAT. The only instance I can imagine when anyone would ever be mad about Valentine's Day is if they somehow felt obliged to do something, or to spend a lot of money, or whatever for their dude or dudette, and they just didn't really feel like doing it. And if that's the case, you're clearly not supposed to be with them anyway.

So to those of you spending the day alone...like Red Green says, "I'm pulling for you...we're all in this together." But there's really no need to be randomly insulting a holiday a lotta people really enjoy just because you're bitter.

And if you really are that bitter, if you really need someone in your life, get out there. No day like today, I say. Ask that girl or guy out. "What if they say no?" What if they say yes? You ready for that? You better be, because eventually someone will.

Happy Valentine's Day.

EDIT: My brother's away message asks for the everyone's personal Top Five Love Songs in no particular order. Feel free to leave yours below, I love music talk. Mine...

"Then He Kissed Me" - The Crystals
"I Got You Babe" - Sonny and Cher
"My Cherie Amour" - Stevie Wonder
"Soul and Hear's Inspiration" - Righteous Brothers
"Accidentally in Love" - Counting Crows

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home