Monday, March 20, 2006

"I'm busting, Jerry, I'm busting!"

This suit thing completely worked for me. I got more work done with greater ease while I was at the library than probably ever before. Sure, it helped that I was writing about Superman, but still, being in the suit got me in this zen. It's like how I am almost incapable of working in the dorm room (I take refuge in the library and common rooms), because I really can't work in the same space I live in (the apartment life will not treat me well). I think it stems from our only computer being in the basement all my life, thus that's where work mostly happened.

At any rate, I think I've discovered that the less I am dressed in any sort of normal, relaxing clothing, the less likely it is I'll accomplish anything. This goes along with my long-held theory that the longer my hair gets, the less capable I am of schoolwork.

But for now, the suit'll have to be worn a lot more often. Though it's brown and I wore a black tie with it today (white shirt if you must know) and my friend Julie says that just can't be done. Ladies, I need to know if she's right, 'cause I thought it looked damn good.

We thought our mouse was dead, but I can hear that bastard scraping away under my bed.

So the first draft of the research paper is pretty much wrapped (page and a half to go) thanks to the suit, which means I won't have to use my pass that lets me turn in my essay two days later (I know, is this high school?). At this rate it looks like I'll never use that damn thing, but I'll probably save it for the final draft of this and just kick ass on it. Judging by my grade on the first essay and how it's looking for the second, I'll need to.

2 Comments:

At 3/21/2006 5:13 PM, Blogger magda. said...

Maybe I should get myself a suit.

 
At 3/22/2006 9:44 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

what?? you have a mouse?? I want a mouse!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home