Saturday, March 25, 2006

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y....NIGHT!

Yeah...I'm not cool.

Speaking of not cool, I'm of the opinion that people who put in their away messages that the reason they are not at their computer at the moment is because they're drunk, drinking, or otherwise insinuating they're consuming alcohol are completely lame. Yeah. Just putting it out there. I'm not against drinking...drink 'til your liver falls out for all I care. I'm against proclaiming it as if it makes you cool. I can think of no way of phrasing it that would simply explain where you are at the time, but if you can, I commend you.

Inside Man rocks. It really does. The trailer's just scratching the surface, and while I feel it doesn't finish as well as it maybe could have in that the further intricacies of the purpose behind the robbery are kinda bland, but the standoff stuff is so damn good. Like excessively good. And the actual way they pull off the robbery...fantastic. So, highly recommended, but see Thank You For Smoking first.

I looked over to my roommate's ever-growing bookshelf and noticed he had somthing called Book of the Dead, which has a logo shaped like that of Dawn of the Dead but I'm totally hoping it's a copy of the Book of the Dead from the Evil Dead flicks.

Man, I went to the library today in hopes of amassing books for my research paper, but it closed at freaking 5, a mere five minutes from when I arrived. And I can't really see the Boston Public Library being a big hangout on Saturday nights, but given the crowd that was coming outta there, I'll bet if they stayed open 'til 7 they'd be getting a steady stream. Looking at the hours for Sunday, it says they're open from 1-5 tomorrow, which means my hopes of getting a significant head start tomorrow are kinda shattered, but I suppose if I woke up at 11 and got breakfast I really wouldn't be getting there much before 1 anyway. At least it's open.

Allegedly, The Simpsons will feature a live-action opening tomorrow night, this according to my friend Julie. Thus, if this does not materialize, direct your complaints to her. I know I will.

Speaking of Julie, we watched Eternal Sunshine last night, which I haven't seen in a long long time, but damn if that's not a good movie. It's a lot funnier than people sometimes give it credit for as well.

Anyway...despite not having the books I want, I could probably get something done on this project tonight. Or y'know...not.

1 Comments:

At 3/28/2006 8:55 PM, Blogger benjamin said...

the Necronomicon!!

this...is my BOOMSTICK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home