Tuesday, June 13, 2006

You Will Believe a Man Can Fly

Well, the day has finally come...the day I bought tickets for Superman Returns, the big-screen revival of a franchise character absent from it for almost twenty years. And not just any character. The first, and in my opinion greatest, superhero of all time, and the one who showed, years before Spider-Man or X-Men or even Batman that you can successfully do a superhero film that takes its subject seriously. I've been waiting for this movie about as long as I've been reading comics and knew they made movies out of them (places it in the ten-year range). And it really looks fantastic. It really does.

June 27th cannot come soon enough. The only question left is how early to arrive.

Getting the tickets was a small adventure, as I realized the only real way to make it to the Couve with any level of speed was in the carpool lane, only I had no one to carpool with. Luckily, I roped Michelle into it, and as trips to the Couve often go, it was a fun ride. Can't believe we never used to hang out outside of Playfest.

This week is jam-packed, I can't believe it. First time all summer I've planned anything that far ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home