Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Hey Rachel

I have sheets.

In fact, I even have an extra comforter, which I'm using as a pad for my headboard. Pretty much for the massive amounts of sex I have.

Holy crap there's a scheduled outage at 4 PM!

So almost all my stuff is here, with the rest on its way. I'm expecting a few posters (including the Scarlett poster, Rachel! I remembered to pack it this time!), my book box (yes...I have books...sometimes I read them), and...my iron? What the hell happened to that thing? It was supposed to be here...I dunno, long before now. And I've needed it too. Damn. But the room's really coming to life, with my Spidey, Sin City, Fear and Loathing, and Led Zeppelin posters monopolizing my walls (and I just got a Ramones poster that I'm pretty pumped to have up there), my desk cluttered with absurd amounts of things, and my side of the floor all a-clutter. I'll retract this statement in about a month when I become massively homesick, but for now it's good to be back.

So I was going to apply to get a radio show here at Emerson on WECB. I strolled into the building to get an application, only to find out students weren't allowed in on weekends. Which made no sense to me because the application itself was due the following day, a Sunday (also part of the weekend). It's a strange, mystical world to me, one that I can only hope to find my way in. So maybe next semester. For now, I have a horror movie to make with my buddy Mike and I'm trying my damndest to get a spot on the writing staff for a student-produced comedy show. Nothing's better than writing comedy with someone else. Except cinnamon. Sweet, sweet cinnamon.

Speaking of comedy and television...did you watch Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip? If not, it replays on Bravo I believe twice this week, and you should watch it. Because in about a year, when the second season will be gearing up, you'll be tuning in because of how great you heard it was and will be cursing yourself for missing out on the beginning. 10 PM, 9 Central, Mondays on NBC. It really is unbelievably fantastic, and I was expecting at least greatness. High expectations are best when exceeded.

P.S. I had the following song lyrics today stuck in my head, with the knowledge only that they were part of the theme song a cartoon I watched as a kid...
Disguises! (Disguises!)
Surprises! (Surprises!)
And pies of (and pies of) all sizes! Ahhhhh!
See if you can figure it out. My greater goal is to drive you crazy, but you probably don't remember it anyway. HINT: It's not Tiny Toons, which I suspected for most of the day.

P.P.S. It was called Looney Tunes (spelled like the musical term), yet they called it Tiny Toons (as in cartoons). Interesting, no?

2 Comments:

At 9/19/2006 1:43 AM, Blogger imac said...

Garfield and Friends.

I'm actually kind of scared that I remember that.

 
At 1/11/2007 11:55 AM, Blogger benjamin said...

definitely was garfield and friends. i'm surprised i recognized that too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home