Thursday, September 28, 2006

Sleep

First, thanks Maggie, CVS is definitely Walgreens.

Sleep's kinda weird...I discovered this over the summer when, depending on if it was a working day and, if not, what commitments I had, I would wake up anywhere between 4 am and 2 pm. But what I've basically figured out is that no matter what time I wake up, I'll still be tired at the same time every night. Take right now. I woke up at 1 pm today, and it's 2:30 now. I'm beat, and I'm just about ready to turn in. But by all rights, I should be wide awake. That's 13 and a half hours. That's nothing! When I was waking up at 4:30, I'd be up 'til 10 before I felt drowsy. That's like eighteen hours!

Just the continuing saga of things I'll never understand about life. And I'm sure one of you has a nice, tidy scientific explanation, but it's cool, I'm probably better off not knowing.

And I just decided right now...damn! I'm torn as to whether or not to skip my first class. Unlike most of you at real colleges, if I skip there are big consequences. Well not really. But if I skip 3 I'm out of the class. That's it. And it's a small class I'm thinking of skipping. But I haven't done the reading. And a lotta people have missed different days already. But we are preparing our narrative speeches. But I didn't write a new draft (whoops). Yeah, I'm definitely skipping. I'm still sick. I need rest. Yeah. That's the ticket.

Speaking of which, I have to write a 5 minute speech on my experience with migration. I have no experience with migration. None of my relatives ever really went anywhere. I asked my grandpa one time where the Nyes are from and he said Michigan! I haven't moved since I was 9. Unless you count Boston. But I have nothing to say about that move. Just a lot of how much cooler Portland is. Maybe I'll go with that. Maybe I'll wear my PORTLAND FUCKING OREGON shirt. Yeah. That'll get the A.

The U.S. vs. John Lennon is out Friday in select cities. I'll be seeing it Friday or Saturday, and let ya'll know, but it looks really damn good.

1 Comments:

At 9/28/2006 1:08 PM, Blogger imac said...

i hear you about the skipping thing. we get two absences per credit hour or we fail the class. biggest bullshit rule ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home