Friday, February 16, 2007

I Belong in the Service of the Queen

Currently listening to...


It snowed this week! I was outside...must have been Tuesday at around 1 AM, beautiful snow all around, and I was like, "tomorrow's gonna be a good day...might go on a walk before class instead of finishing the work." Then I woke up and it was raining. SO LAME. So suddenly, slush was everywhere and every step you took could knock your ass to the ground. I wish I took pictures to illustrate just how ridiculous the difference was between the two, but it was ridiculous. Ri-dic-u-lous. Yeah, I'm retarded.

The best part is the guy who works the grill at the diner (his name's Todd) totally called the whole thing last Sunday. Wise beyond his years.

Valentine's Day was once again spent...well, not really alone...I played Halo with the boys, and got a wonderful phone call that night, so I guess I'm batting better than average. Not that I care. I do what I want!

Aaron Eckhart has been cast as Harvey Dent/Two-Face in the next two Batman films that'll continue with the Batman Begins team of Christopher Nolan directing, Christian Bale starring, with Michael Caine and Gary Oldman along for the ride. Katie Holmes WILL NOT be back, thank God, and right now it looks like she'll be replaced by Maggie Gyllenhaal (as unnecessary and the character as, Maggie Gyllenhaal is pretty damn great). And right now it looks like Morgan Freeman won't be back either, which is really too bad 'cause his character was in a really good place at the end of Begins. Oh, and Heath Ledger is The Joker...which we'll see about. Also, Nolan made a good call and pulled his brother, Jonathon Nolan, who wrote the story that inspired Memento and co-wrote the whole script for The Prestige, to write the primary draft of the screenplay. Awesome.

But I can't express how perfect the casting of Eckhart is. Eckhart had a damn good year in 2006 with strong performances Thank You For Smoking, Conversations With Women, and The Black Dahlia. I highly recommend watching the first one there, mostly 'cause it's a great movie, but also because Eckhart's charismatic as hell in it and it pretty much shows how much he IS Harvey Dent. Dahlia shows a darker side and gives a hint at what he'd be capable of when the Two-Face thing goes down (which probably won't happen 'til the third film, which is how it should be...Harvey Dent's the man).

But yeah, I was excited for that movie before. Now summer 2008 is so very, very far away.

1 Comments:

At 2/17/2007 12:34 PM, Blogger b said...

perfect two-face

ps over the last two weeks i've either gotten really bad at typing in the word verification or blogger is fucking with me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home