Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Come On Come On and Dance All Night; Despite the Heat It'll Be All Right

It's hot.

Like really, really hot. Yesterday I checked the temp at 1:30 in the afternoon...98 degrees, feels like 101. The night before, Julie and I went for a walk at midnight and it was 85 degrees. Took me forever to fall asleep last night and my desire for an AC unit increases by the second. It's starting to cool down now, kind of...I walked out of my first shift today at 1 and it was 84 degrees, but I'm about to head out to dinner (it's 5:55) and it's now 92. How does that happen? Why are people dancing in these mortgage ads on the Weather Channel website?

Ben said I should mention this here - I'm calling for Stanich Sundays* while I'm home. Anyone who doesn't join in on this, without a legitimate excuse like work, will be considered a Communist and a traitor to their country.

Sometimes I wish I grew up in the age of the Communist threat. I know we have the threat of terrorism, but it's just not as interesting somehow. I think it's because there's very little concern that the terrorists will brainwash us into joining their cause. That was probably the coolest part of Communism. Probably. I dunno. Wasn't there.

So pumped for some Hold Steady next month.

The library says I have a book out that I'm fairly certain is in fact in. I'll be investigating shortly.

John McCain needs a running mate. Everyone's obsessed with who Obama will pick, but the man's only been the nominee for a week. McCain should step it up.

The cursor in TextEdit blinks at a different rate than the one in Blogger. I really didn't sleep much last night.

I'm going to post this for now; there may be updates later as I am stuck at this shift for another two hours.

*Other days of the week will be taken under consideration.

EDIT (7:40) - The Lovin' Spoonful is such a great band. Maybe not great, but damned good.

EDIT (7:43) - Did you know The Temptations provided back-up vocals for "Superfreak" by Rick James?

1 Comments:

At 6/11/2008 11:17 PM, Blogger b said...

while the inaugural stanich trip must be a sunday, afterforthwith i heretoforefive move that the following meetings be held on saturdays, as this senator's mother holds sunday family supper as sacred and whatnotwhynot

 

Post a Comment

<< Home