Tuesday, November 07, 2006

VOTE OR DIE!!!!!

I can't believe election day almost passed me by without my own personal input.

Who among you voted? WHO I ASK?

Well, I didn't. Proudly. And it's not because I don't think my vote will count, either out of some concern about the voting machine's effect on the democratic process, or even the classic "what difference does one vote make?" No, I'm still hopeful (naive, some might say) to believe my vote does count, which is precisely why I didn't vote.

See, here's the thing, kids - I didn't have a clue about what I'd be voting for. Sure, I could've looked into the issues and the candidates and made an educated, informed decision about Portland's future, but 1) I didn't, and 2) Even if I did, I don't live in Portland full time (my computer's calculator informs me I'm there about 42% of the year). Thus, I don't really know the concerns the city REALLY has, and what would be best for even my neighborhood. It would actually be irresponsible, and a misuse of my democratically-given right.

So for those of you who did exercise your right to vote, I salute you. For those who didn't, now you have a solid reason why not.

UPDATE: Best...story...ever: VOTER ATTACKS TOUCHSCREEN MACHINE - "He just snapped!"

3 Comments:

At 11/08/2006 5:13 AM, Blogger imac said...

I voted. My parents freaked out after I voted for David Wu.

 
At 11/08/2006 2:32 PM, Blogger Cynda said...

I did not vote! Go me. Niether did Magda but she felt she needed to lecture me about not voting...

 
At 11/08/2006 2:34 PM, Blogger Cynda said...

Oh Scottrick!! Did you watch studio 60?!? You better have!! I'm sure you did I have faith in you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home