Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Bible, Money, Crime, and Mormons

C'mon, you're not gonna see a better title than that and still have it be honest.

I had to cite The Bible tonight for a speech I'm doing, and I'd never had to cite The Bible before, and I'm still using NoodleTools because I never really bothered to learn formatting for a bibliography, and where it says "Original publication year" I was so tempted to write 0. Of course, it wasn't published 'til a long time after that...and even then it was hand-written...I wonder if that counts as published?

Excellent...besides that tid-bit I had nothing to discuss, and then I look in my e-mail box and find the following e-mail from my Dad.

SUBJECT: Dude

"Hey

Flying back from Thailand -

Got stuck and had a Visa problem - 'borrowed' $$ from your account - will be back in your account tomorrow when I stop in Hong Kong or SFO .. Sorry to surprise you, but again was stuck.

I'll call on Wed / Thurs

dad"

This rates up there with one of the better e-mails my dad's sent me. Awesome.

And that's really all I got. Thanks for mentioning the bit about the episodes of Studio 60 NBC ordered, Ian, I can't believe I forgot to mention that (did I really, or am I just covering my tracks and appearing well-informed?).

Oh, that's NOT all I got...Portland is the 249th safest city in America! This based on FBI figures released in June. While this does put us ahead of such desireable destinations as St. Louis, Detroit, Flint, and Compton (which make up the Top 4 on the dangerous end), we are only one away from Los Angeles, Gresham is actually safer, and Beaverton came it at 66! And somehow Salt Lake City IS safer...I've been to Salt Lake City, and while I guess I never really felt threatened, I did feel...unclean.

Speaking of Salt Lake City, the governor of Massachusetts recently visited Salt Lake City to consult with Mormom leaders to gain their approval when he runs for President in '08. And he might be running on the ticket with none other than Jeb Bush. While that should be more terrifying than anything, it's actually pretty damn funny too.

And with that, I leave you in whatever sort of peace you can find for yourself.

1 Comments:

At 10/31/2006 8:05 AM, Blogger benjamin said...

ugh. mitt romney's nothing but a brazilian waxed taint.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home