Friday, October 27, 2006

It's Incredible, Really

I was having, by all accounts, a fairly poor week. Some private matters from back home, I didn't have a lot going on socially, classes couldn't have been more draining (not in the sense that I had a lot of work...just being there couldn't have felt more pointless and exhausting), and I've been having some pretty big questions about whether or not I wanna stick with the whole film thing...I dunno, but by the time it reached Thursday night and I sat through a play a few of my friends had been working on, I was spent, and even a little depressed (it happens).

But I was walking down the hall back towards my room, looked in at the common room, and what do they have on the TV? Hook. Hook is a movie that gets criticized a lot for reasons I don't really understand, and while it's not a perfect film, its heart is in the right place and I grew up watching it a LOT.

And by the end, my worries subsided for the time being. I put on Finding Neverland to keep the mood, and that's all it took. Of course, everything's not better. All the crap is still the same, but not for tonight, and I can hope tomorrow it will merely be easier to deal with.

I doubt I can keep it up like the old days, but at least for tonight...fish can drown.

4 Comments:

At 10/27/2006 4:36 AM, Blogger b said...

I'm sorry that shit's going down.

My brothers and I watched Hook all the time.

About film...

You know what our motto is Scott.

Balls to the wall.

Film and journalism.

You might have to give up TV time or whatever, but you can't let a dream die man. You can be great, it'll just take work.

 
At 10/27/2006 4:37 AM, Blogger b said...

ps I played with Bratz dolls at daycare once but I didn't enjoy it

 
At 10/27/2006 7:08 AM, Blogger Miguel said...

What Ben said. Minus the experience of playing with Bratz, because thankfully that has never happened to me.

 
At 10/28/2006 2:28 PM, Blogger benjamin said...

man, i hope i can bring some european cheer back with me. hang in there, buddy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home