Friday, October 20, 2006

Broken Elevators

Missed a screening of The Fountain last night, about the only movie I would crawl across hot coals right now to see (how much damage could they do?)

Today wasn't so much a bust. Although I was stopped by a Emerson security guy who told me not to stop the elevators from closing. You know how when they're about to close and you shove your arm in for a last-second save? Yeah, he said it'll "break the elevators." My only response was "are you serious?"

The Office was beyond fantastic tonight. Any show that can make us all double-over laughing and still have the girls in near-tears in the span of 22 minutes is gold.

Tomorrow (today for most of you reading, except maybe you West Coast folk who are burning the midnight oil), I'm seeing The Prestige and Marie Antoinette, and Little Children on Saturday, so it'll be a solid weekend. Oh right, except for the inexplicably massive amount of homework I gotta do, including the early stages of a short animated film I'm doing (yes, eventually we all have to work) and...what the hell else am I doing? Oh, right, I gotta find an issue I'm a social advocate for, which is a problem because as some of you may have realized about me, although I have a vast interest in the world around me, love reading about current affairs and generally try to keep well informed about politics and pop culture, I actually don't care about much of anything. I tried explaining this to my speech teacher, but she only responded with "why are you in school?" which I found a tad insulting and besides the point, but she also doesn't believe in true objectivity, so what'll you do.

As a final note, the title of today's post is free for any Emo band who wishes to use it for a record or song title. Or Hell, just use it as your band name if you're really that uncreative.

2 Comments:

At 10/21/2006 2:47 AM, Blogger Miguel said...

dude, what'd you think of The Prestige? I saw it last night and am not sure what to think. That's correct, I am asking you to tell me what my opinion should be.

 
At 10/22/2006 5:55 AM, Blogger benjamin said...

trademarked the title ; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home