Sunday, October 08, 2006

Second Post

What'll you do, I've pretty much just laid around all day.

So High Fidelity: The Musical was a disappointment. Now, I've never read the book, but High Fidelity is one of my favorite movies of all time, and if I had to make an all-time, desert island top 5, it would be on it. The guys who put it together clearly really liked the movie/book, but had no idea why, so they just put some of the stuff they could copy up there and dumped all the stuff that made the story matter. Some would argue musicals work best when they go for comedy as much as possible, but honestly I think musicals have the capacity to handle drama and comedy better than any other medium. There were some highlights, though - they adapted the Rob/Ian confrontation really well, and they had a pretty fantastic Bruce Springsteen moment (though I might've been alone in digging it).

Anyway...I had something else to talk about that just happened, but I can't remember what. Guess I'll just watch the rest of Super Troopers (which is kicking ass so far).

1 Comments:

At 10/10/2006 12:05 AM, Blogger b said...

was 'come on now, sugar' a dandy warhols reference?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home