Sunday, November 12, 2006

Well, It Took Four and a Half Years

But Saturday Night Live may have just found its footing once again. Last week's ep was solid, but this week's episode was pretty frickin' fantastic, with one sketch that'll easily go down as a classic, political humor that discovered making fun of the left can be funny too, cameos that were actually funny, and...a Tony Bennett-Christina Aguilera duo (and it rocked). It helped that Alec Baldwin was hosting, and he's...y'know, funny. And Steve Martin, Martin Short, Paul McCartney, and Tony Bennett showed up. So the real test'll be next week when all they have to push the cast is...Ludacris. I shouldn't knock the guy though, because he, as Crash taught us, can actually act (and believe me, that's ALL that Crash has taught us).

I was supposed to be working on a film shoot this weekend. Then I guess they lost the lead actor? I dunno. Whatever. Half my friends are out of town, another's sick, and yet another was on a film shoot that worked, so my Saturday was left with a whole pile of nothing. Ended up seeing The Prestige again, and absolutely went nuts for it. I liked it well enough the first time, but I dunno, it just rocked my socks this time around.

P.S. Forgot to answer the question, but yeah, I drew The Pitcher myself...all the characters were hand-drawn...really, all the stuff that looks hand-drawn. Except the catcher. That was pure online magic. As for the fate of The Outfielder...I leave that to your enterpretation. Huzzah!

P.P.S. I really have no idea what "huzzah" means, or for what purpose people use it.

1 Comments:

At 11/12/2006 2:45 AM, Blogger imac said...

Just to follow up on a previous note, NBC ordered a full season of Studio 60. Just thought I'd give you the heads up(assuming you haven't already heard)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home