Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Yeah...The NBA on NBC Theme Really Was Amazing

"Me? I've had so many names... Old names that only the wind and the trees can pronounce. I am the mountain, the forest and the earth."
-The Faun (Pan's Labyrinth)

I just saw Guillermo Del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth, which is definitely one of the best movies of the year. Not quite The Fountain good (I'm really going on the offensive to get people to see THAT movie, be prepared), but it's battling in my mind with United 93. I'll have a whole glowing review written later, when I...y'know...don't have a final worth 80% of my grade in 12 hours.

Also, tomorrow my video project will be posted, for all to laugh and jeer at. The narrative isn't really...coherent...but neither are 3/4 of the artsy-fartsy projects the kids in my class did (one kid did an 8-minute stills-audio project about his spiritual connection to food...another about his fear of architecture...so yeah), but mine's actually kinda fun, so I'm letting myself off the hook.

I've been on this whole wave of music the past week or so, which I know seems like more of the same, but there really are periods I go through when I don't want to listen to anything in the collection. But this last week I rediscovered all this music while I was trying to figure out what to put on the video project. I've been going through all the Crows' albums tonight while I "study" (read: see who else is procrastinating and go get pizza). I've also been blasting the balls off of the Marie Antoinette soundtrack, which is like ten shades of greatness. Little Elvis here and there. Sucks, though, 'cause while I have all this music that's so good over the summer, there's no a lot of music I really like especially during the winter (except Christmas music...yay!)

Does anyone have John Lennon's solo stuff? I had a bunch but when my computer died it all flew away 'cause I didn't have it backed up and I've been missing it. So I wanna steal some over the break. Also George Harrison, same problem. Hell, I don't have no money for music.

Okay I need to study some more. This test is...lame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home