Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Come Fly With Me, Fly!

You know how it's okay for random people to friend you on Facebook when you're just starting college, and it's all just kind of the process of people trying to make friends? Then you know how it's a little strange when complete strangers friend you in the middle of first semester of Sophomore year? Yeah. Some dude just friended me, who I swear to God, I have no idea who this guy is. No frickin' clue. On one hand, that makes me feel cool and popular. On the other, I know I am neither so it makes no sense. At all.

Found out there's somebody at my school with the last name "Drinkwater." What a great last name.

Finished The Cider House Rules. I beasted out like 150, 175 pages yesterday. And if that isn't strong enough indication, I frickin' loved it. Love the John Irving. I kinda guessed the ending by...I dunno, 150 pages in, but how cool is that that I was still way into it despite nailing the ending? Anyway, fantastic book.

Dude, there is nobody in journalism today. The entire row in front of me - empty. Row in front of that - two people. My row - one other person. Row in back of me - one guy. The first two rows are pretty stacked, as are the last two, but that's four rows in between with a whole lotta nothing. Why did I come today?

Holy crap my final's in a week for this class! I haven't read any of the books! Luckily, most of it comes from the notes, but I should probably give the books a good once-over. And the final's worth like 80% of my grade. So very, very screwed. Finals like this really bring out the anxiety in people though. The fact that I'm even a little worried should show that. But the people who actually care regardless? They're going nuts. So that part's fun.

Bought the new Collector's Edition of Rocky yesterday and watched it. What a great movie. Can't wait for Balboa. "Yo Adrian!"

Tonight is The Pick of Destiny!

2 Comments:

At 12/06/2006 9:06 PM, Blogger imac said...

I'm not as excited for Rocky Balboa because the last movie...well...let's just say there's a reason that every Rocky Marathon stops after Rocky IV.

 
At 12/06/2006 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

let me know what you think of Pick of Destiny...I had so much fun at that movie. I think that had a lot to do with the fact that Matt Galati was to my right and Michael Fullman was to my left.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home