Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Me On TV, Or: Dr. Kelso Sounds Funny With A High-Pitched Voice

So I'm 2.17% away from having the first five seasons of Scrubs on my computer, and I thought I could get away with watching an episode or two. I watched a third season episode, no problem, and I dove back into the second season, and things were going pretty well...until the title sequence. Then everything was about a pitch too high. So I momentarily watched Scrubs with, apparently, no bass. It was weird.

I think I've closed it up and seen the few remaining episodes I hadn't yet in the last two days...I'm not totally sure, but I'm at least really damn close.

WHAT ELSE (an overused phrase of mine when I feel I haven't made my attempt at a new post worth my time yet)...I'm seeing Hot Fuzz (the new movie from the Shaun of the Dead guys) on Sunday, even though it doesn't come out 'til mid-April, and with the writers, director, and principle cast in tow. Pretty pumped? You'd better believe I am.

Holy Hell, how have I not mentioned I'm gonna be on TV? So there's the channel, the Emerson Channel, that they pump into our rooms as part of our "cable package" (a package that doesn't include FX or the Sci-Fi Channel (Gallactica!)...or HBO for that matter, but I didn't get upset by that until I found out Spencer and Fullman and all those kids down at Loyola have it...damn LA kids), and on this channel they show everything from popular movies (and some unpopular ones) to truly awful student-produced talk shows (they used to have something, which they might still have for all I know, called The Ladies Room, which was pretty cool to watch 'cause at least half of those ladies were smokin'). Among those awful student-produced talk shows is a program called Tube Talk, which I have admittedly not seen and cannot attest to its quality.

Anyway, on this program called Tube Talk, next week (taped next week...I believe it'll be shown the week after), yours truly will be on to talk about NBC's Thursday comedy line-up (Comedy Night, Done Right...they really shoulda stuck with Must See TV). I'm pretty psyched about this on several levels. First, I'm just vain enough to want to be on TV shouting (or meekly offering) my opinions on...well, gosh, just about anything, and second, Lord do I love NBC's Thursday comedy line-up. I don't watch My Name Is Earl (I'll probably try to catch up so I've done my homework), but the triple-threat of The Office, Scrubs (which is my favorite show on TV...it really is...I love it to pieces), and the incredibly underrated 30 Rock is unstopable.

Anyway, I'll be sure to tape it because, yes, I'm just vain enough to think you're all vastly interested in it. Well, chances are you'll at least be able to laugh at me. I mean, let's face it - me on TV. Can only go so well.

4 Comments:

At 3/21/2007 3:40 AM, Blogger Cynda said...

Scrubs is my new addiction; I'm buying the dvds

 
At 3/22/2007 4:41 PM, Blogger b said...

i am vastly interested. go scott!

 
At 3/26/2007 5:04 PM, Blogger Ken Colwell said...

No one else comes close to NBC. Sooner or later I'll download Earl and lose another grade point somewhere.

I still love the Office and Scrubs but I watched the first four episodes of 30 Rock and thought I could take it or leave it. I could be enticed to catch up if Tina Fey ever hooked up with that good-looking lesbian she was dating in the poker episode though.

 
At 4/02/2007 1:22 AM, Blogger Chris Nye said...

i need a copy of you on TV talking about TV

 

Post a Comment

<< Home