Friday, April 20, 2007

4/20 whoo!

It's 4/20 tonight in Boston, and indeed in most parts of the world. It means a super-extra boring night for me (I gots work though, so whatevs), all the while trying as hard as possible to avoid going outside. Although, for all my complaining, it is better than St. Patty's Day. I get stoners. I don't know why, but I've always gotten along splendidly with stoners (card games with stoners are especially fun), whereas I just want to punch drunk people in the face. Maybe because I already have a strange fascination with shiny objects and bad jokes. I dunno.

Nonetheless, it's the dorms for me. Got my turkey and my white bread and my half-gallon of milk and my saltines. I'm fortified.

Speaking of drinking though, I do turn 21 in...wow, less than a week (April 26th...send love). While I'm not the drinking sort, I do enjoy the hell out of bars, and it'll be nice to have somewhere to go in Boston after 10 without traveling two miles. And my roommate Ben and I (didn't say "Emerson Ben!") are gonna learn how to make a ton of different drinks so we'll seem uber-classy.
"Can I get you anything to drink? A Shaggy Carpet perhaps?"
And then they won't know what a Shaggy Carpet is and we can scoff at them. Who knows, it might even be a real drink.

GO SEE HOT FUZZ. It just opened today, and your excuses...I have no need for them. You'll enjoy it. I promise. Same guys (writers, director, and stars) who did Shaun of the Dead, and I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't like that.

At the deli today they had a set-up with free tastes of all-natural beef from California. It was so good I wanted to punch the guy who was watching over it and take it all home. I miss real food.

I was trying to find where I posted the stuff I wrote about Spider-Man 2 (I just got my tickets for 3 and I am so stoked I could explode), which lead me to my old blog (at Xanga), which lead me to many many memories from Senior Year. Man those were good times. Anyway, I didn't end up finding what I was looking for, but it was a fun little gaze back. Aaaaaannnnnnnd that's about as emotionally open as you're gonna get from me here.

1 Comments:

At 4/23/2007 1:57 AM, Blogger b said...

dude i read your xanga a couple months ago and reminisced too. reminisced? forget spelling, can i still be a man if i said that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home