Saturday, February 25, 2006

Snow

Well, wasn't expecting it to snow again for some time, but here it is again. And once again, I'm too sick to make anything of it. But whereas being sick on your own can be a bit of a drag most of the time, the nice part about the dorms is there are usually a couple people willing to look after you, even on a Saturday afternoon. Much as I'm willing to make a situation work for me, I'm none too eager to bundle up and step out in the snow in this condition.

A lesson when you get to college...get some sleep, especially on the weekends. Unless you're having a big, meaning-of-life style talk, of course, which is where I found myself last night. Well, at least it's only Saturday.

And I have a whole stack of movies to go through. I bought a couple Robert Altman movies 'cause he's being awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Oscars next Sunday, and he's supposed to have some pretty damn good work, so I'm gonna catch up as much as I can by then. Watched "McCabe and Mrs. Miller" (1971), which is a damn good movie. Warren Beatty's the man. Next up is "Nashville" from 1975.

Also grabbed "About Schmidt," which was a long overdue purchase, "Bonnie and Clyde" because it's "Bonnie and Clyde," and "Almost Heroes" for good measure (Chris Farley's last flick, and probably Matthew Perry's finest work). All in addition to the second season of "Arrested Development," which is all kinds of fantastic. Yeah, I'm kinda addicted to DVDs right now.

1 Comments:

At 2/25/2006 9:58 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

oh man, I got sick the last time it snowed too. I was so upset because I hadn't snowed very much at all in Philly and I was looking forward to snowfights.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home