Sunday, February 26, 2006

Waiting for the shower

Well, I'm still sick, though not as bad as yesterday. I'm at that stage where I actually SOUND sicker, but that's really just it all leaving the system. So it's all quite lovely for conversation.

Should be a pretty easygoing day, assuming I'm correct in thinking my Media Arts exam is on Wednesday and not tomorrow. That's key.

Yeah, I just got bored and there was a sudden rush for the shower (even though I beat her there, my RA had been waiting for an hour so I acceeded it to her). And yeah, we have three showers at our end of the hall, but two have a tendency to...fill up. The drains only sort of work. And the one shower that DOES work, the door doesn't lock. I know, I'm pretty ghetto.

But that's pretty much why I'm rambling for this post. That and Beth isn't replying on AIM (GLARE!).

Last night, I was like "yeah...I'll just stay in, feel better, maybe watch 'Bonnie and Clyde.'" But that quickly changed into a furious attempt on Nancy's part to get online poker working, while I sat back and watched "Arrested Development" before going to bed at an all-college record of 11:30. And if not for Ross opening the door to the ruckus in the hall at 3 AM, it probably would've been a clean sleep 'til 12:15. Probably.

Just three more days, a couple of planes, and I'll be back in P-Town (which apparently corresponds to Providence, RI over here which is apparently a big gay hub). Oddly, aside from the fact that I never get a decent sleep or a decent meal over here, I really wouldn't mind staying. I think I've finally gotten to that point of not missing home all the time. Not all the time, but...y'know, enough so that I couldn't totally be happy here. But I've really carved my niche out here, for better or worse. Love the classes, love the friends, even loving the town a bit more (by which I pretty much mean my love affair with Newbury Comics - "three movies for under $30? SOLD!"). But all joking aside, I've really come to enjoy it here. Except for the lack of sleep. Or decent food.

P.S. My roommate is like two episodes ahead of me with the second season of "Arrested Development," essentially meaning whenever it's on I must retreat out of the room like so much scared little girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home