Thursday, May 10, 2007

But Then She Looks Me In The Eye And Says, "We're Gonna Last Forever"

It's been awhile, I think in part because the events of the past week have been...I dunno, I just wasn't up to my usual bout of carrying on about television and movies and the small quirks of society. But, y'know, gotta blog sometime I guess.

On some level I'm bored, if only because I've eagerly done pretty much every chore around the house and am trying to find new ways to fill time. I've been watching a lotta movies though, a lotta TV. I have a HUGE list to move through this summer (the TV stuff just won't happen...I HAVE to watch as much of the sixth season of The Sopranos as I can, but at least until the end of the regular TV season there's just no time...I spent four hours today just catching up so I could watch Lost tonight, which could not be a more amazing show, and Scrubs and The Office tomorrow...plus two hours of Sopranos and an hour of The West Wing...shit, I didn't do anything today), somewhere around 55 movies (so far I've watched...six, three I absolutely fell in love with...it sounds like 55 should move quickly at that rate, but I do have a job eventually).

And that job begins next Wednesday, the 16th! From that point on, I am only kind of a free man, but if it's anything like last summer, most of you probably won't even notice it (besides all those times when I'll remind you that you have no right to complain about being tired...ha ha!). But yeah, met up with the Boss Man and it's all set. I'm actually kinda pumped to get started. Kinda feel useless just sitting around the house debating what movie to watch. Also I'm broke.

I went to the dentist today. I really don't...and I know there are small children in Darfur who feel deeply for me, but I really don't think there's a more excruciating experience that I'll go through all year. It really is terrifying. I have pretty poor dental hygiene (although I did discover that not everybody at college brushes twice a day, so I do have some people beat!), and I'm convinced that one day I'll stroll on in for my twice-yearly visit (increasingly becoming merely yearly..."merely yearly" is a fun phrase) and they'll strap me to the chair and keep me forever until they correct every little problem. My dentist and his lovely assistants are in no way evil (perhaps a little too clean and polished), but especially when they get to that part where they basically run a very firm needle along your gum line and just scratch like it's the lottery...I could just about strangle that lady.

The weather sucks at night, but it's so nice during the day. It's nice to have my summer music back, too...all that music that I never ever listen to in the winter because it just doesn't feel right. "Never ever" is extreme, but you get the idea. My Summer Rock playlist. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Greatest Hits. The more upbeat Counting Crows songs. The Mamas and the Papas. Springsteen. Aerosmith. Don't even start me on the Beach Boys (start me...I dare you).

That was a long post. I dunno, I always feel like I should mention it, just so you're just just sitting there saying "Damn, Scott, wanna write some more?" This is me saying "I know, man, but hell, I mean...you read it anyway." And then you're like "Yeah, well...okay...wanna get some pizza?" And I'd be like "Hells yeah!"

Words Blogger's spellcheck took issue with in this post - "y'know," "lotta," "playlist," "Heartbreakers," "Aerosmith," and, oddly enough..."okay." Oh, and "spellcheck."

2 Comments:

At 5/10/2007 4:53 PM, Blogger b said...

i love your blog posts. they're so much like talking to you. never boring. oh and do i have a doozie of a plan for you.

ok not really. sorry. but i will have one!

 
At 5/11/2007 12:00 PM, Blogger benjamin said...

i threw on 'recovering the satellites' the other day and thought of how counting crows totally = summer (driving) music.

you keeping up with 24 by the way?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home