Friday, June 23, 2006

It's Official

The deal is signed, the ink has dried...I'll be helping out with the summer show. Year 6 on that baby, I'm not even kidding. This year, "helping" also includes designing the set, which is a horrible idea for two reasons. Reason 1 - I have no design skills at all. Reason 2 - The other main designer guy is Ryan McCardle, a good man, but does not seem to be firing on all cylinders, not unlike so many of us. 'Cause see, Ryan Hendricks got a job in Seattle after the 10th, which puts him out of town for those crucial weeks between the show and the show itself. The good news? It appears there is no Rob to be found, though he was with Ryan at his job when I went to talk to him. An unnerving confrontation followed. So if ya'll have free time, I would highly encourage your presence because it will make me happy and there will be power tools. Hurray!

Ever listen to a car commercial that promises they can put or get you into a car? Ever find that a little strange phrasing, as though to suggest you could otherwise not do it yourself. I'm just picturing a system like on the Japanese subways where they jam you in with sticks (it's true...they do it), but just for you. But I have a strange imagination (unaided by any substance beyond caffeine, I might add), such as when Doug said when he tried listening to Counting Crows and bad things happened, the only thing that ran through my mind was him joyfully putting the CD in and it firing back into his eye. It's just how I operate.

I bought three pairs of socks today, bringing my inventory of working socks to five. That's right...I was working off two for awhile there. That's also right...I wear socks everyday because closed-toes shoes are a must at work. Just think about that one for a second. Then squirm. Yes...

3 Comments:

At 6/24/2006 2:48 PM, Blogger imac said...

I think about things ike that happening to Doug all the time.

 
At 6/26/2006 7:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ian, could you stop fantasizing about me? It makes me uncomfortable. Lol... Actually, I'm starting to find that the Crows are tolerable after all, or at least some of their songs are.

 
At 6/26/2006 7:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh yeah, I know Ryan. We were in the same Boy Scout troop back in the day good ole' troop 872.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home