Monday, July 03, 2006

Damn Them All!

So in a continuing, losing battle with technology (over the past two weeks, the right speaker on my car has begun going on the fritz, my less-than-two-months-old digital camera won't turn on, and my cell phone has a nasty habit of turning off for no reason), my Apple PoweBook is now broken! Gone! And when did this happen? A scant 10 days after the warranty expired. Coincidence? I think not. I've long held a theory about the iPod that it has a self-destruct mechanism that ends its life after a little more than a year of use, a belief that has been corroborated many times over. Now I see it extends to entire computers, for which I label the Apple corporation evil. And not unlike many evil corporations, I will continue to purchase products from them, as they are simply too good to pass up.

Anyway, my dad had this old Dell sitting around (I know, right?), and that'll be my computer for the time being. It has internet (I guess) and AIM (sorta) and various other things that I now have to readjust to after becoming so accustomed to the layout of the Mac. Well, it could be worse. It could be happening in Boston. At least here it's nice outside, and I can watch movies on the big-screen TV...I'll distract myself. But I now beg more than ever...you wanna do something, call me. Whereas I can usually pass time on the comp, I already hate using this damn machine. Damn you machine!

Tonight it's Superman with Dad, Lady Vengeance with myself, and spaghetti before it all. Hurray!

1 Comments:

At 7/17/2006 1:11 PM, Blogger benjamin said...

A dell? a DELL? Scott Nye...

Yeah, your iPod theory has legs though. I and at least 6 other people I know have fallen prey to the dreaded 5th generation "i crap out a few days/weeks after the warantee expires" iPod.

By the way, did I ever tell you my idea about iPods with legs?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home